Margaret Island (Margitsziget)
The Margitsziget is the green area located in the middle of the Danube between the Margit and ?rp?d Bridges. The island, which stretches for 4 kilometres, is surrounded by leafy botanical parkland with ancient trees, a Japanese Garden, Rose Garden and an open-air amphitheatre. Cars are not allowed to enter the park area, just until the northern end of the island (a parking place). There is a scheduled bus line crossing the island. The peaceful environment of the island is a preferred place for taking a walk, doing sports and entertaining. The island offers a varied flora, remains of cloisters, water tower, open-air beach (Palatinus), open-air theatre and a lot of sporting opportunities.
At the northern part of the Island two spa hotels are located: the prestigeous Grand Hotel Margitsziget, and the modern Thermal Hotel Margitsziget. The hotels use the thermal water of the island to treat firstly locomotor diseases.
Our apartments are located in the downtown Budapest, The most known sights of the town you can find around our apartments.
In the immediate neighborhood of the
- Andrassy Cultural Boulevard
- Liszt Ferenc square (many sidewalk cafes)
- Hungarian State Opera, Operetta, moolin rough
- Millenium metro (Octogon station. Yellow line M1)
- Nyugati Pu. (Western Railway Station and metro station. Blue line M3)
- Westend City Center ( the largest shopping center of Central Europe)