The Budapest Zoo and Botanical Gardens is located in the northwestern corner of the large City Park (next to the Funfair). Dating from 1866, it is one of the world's oldest zoos. Recently refurbished, the renovation has successfully restored its elegant "Art Nouveau" atmosphere of the early 1900s. Thousands of animals and plants from all over the world are on display here in romantic artificial lakes, among rocks, in aquaria and glasshouses, and in buildings that breathe an exotic influence of the East. The Zoo's designers aimed to establish living-places for the animals that correspond to their appropriate natural environments and in the process created an "international open-air architectural museum" significant in its own right, even without the animal inhabitants. The elephant house, its roof decorated with colourful majolica ceramics, was recently awarded a "Europa Nostra" prize.
Our apartments are located in the downtown Budapest, The most known sights of the town you can find around our apartments.
In the immediate neighborhood of the
- Andrassy Cultural Boulevard
- Liszt Ferenc square (many sidewalk cafes)
- Hungarian State Opera, Operetta, moolin rough
- Millenium metro (Octogon station. Yellow line M1)
- Nyugati Pu. (Western Railway Station and metro station. Blue line M3)
- Westend City Center ( the largest shopping center of Central Europe)